Come help us change the real estate industry! ProspectNow.com is a venture backed, profitable, high growth company that provides a nationwide database of 8 million commercial building owners to companies that need to contact and market to commercial building owners. We have over a thousand customers including fortune 500 companies as well as commercial real estate agents, lenders, and investors. If you want to be part of an explosive growth and entrepreneurial environment, this is a tremendous opportunity. ProspectNow also has a great working environment and located right downtown in Los Altos. You will be a key player at a fast growing company, you will be challenged and you will have a lot of fun along the way. Come join the ProspectNow Team!
This position represents a tremendous opportunity to have a major impact on a fast growing and really cool real estate website called ProspectNow. We are tracking over 100 million properties and provide detailed analytics for the real estate community. If you are the right candidate, you will have an opportunity to help with performance, scalability, and usability. You will report to and work closely with the CEO as well as be a team lead for the other engineers. Our product is built on the LAMP stack and we are currently migrating to AWS elastic bean stalk and RDS. As a part of this migration, we are reviewing frameworks and platforms to further optimize the application.
We have recently implemented SCRUM along with a migration from SVN to Git and bit-bucket. So an understanding of SCRUM and branching etc is a requirement.
Because this is a team lead role (and ultimately could grow into a management position), your ability to communicate and help motivate the team are critical. We are looking for someone with an unbridled passion for software development. This position is in Los Altos, Ca. Remote positions are not being considered at this time however relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
Here are a few examples of engineering situations you would deal with:
- Importing 10GB fixed with text files into a mysql database efficiently on a weekly basis and then running post processing scripts to calculate and derive new fields from the data. E.g. count the number of properties an owner owns or calculate the average value in a zip code.
- Aggregate properties from multiple data-sources with different address formats and cross reference by address
- Calculating analytics from a group of properties on a map enclosed in a series of polygon points dynamically. E.g. display a pie chart of properties by type
- Build entirely new UI on top of our internal API based on Sketch images using HTML, angular/react.js and CSS.
and any more…
ProspectNow is a profitable and growing enterprise, so we are not dependent on raising more money to continue to do what we do. We are confident we can accelerate from double digit growth to triple digit with the addition of the right features.
This position may be a contract job to start, or we might do a full time role depending on the candidate.
- Extensive knowledge of AWS
- Solid understanding of SCRUM and Git
- Extensive database knowldege including Amazon RDS and databases over 1TB
- Experience with frameworks including Twitter-bootstrap
- Experience working with distributed APIs such as google maps
- Good understanding of indexing tools such as Sphinx and working with large databases.
- Experience building web applications that are highly optimized for client/server performance
- Understanding of A/B testing and data driven development
- Reference-able systems that you have designed, developed and maintained through many development cycles
- 6+ years experience
401(k), healthcare, vision, life insurance
Convenient office locations in downtown Los Altos, CA and Roseville, CA